Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Natural Beauty Blogger: Green Life In Dublin

 I was just starting into the Green Beauty World when I had questions and what products or recommendations. Renata was very helpful and friendly as I started my search into the green beauty world. I connected with her through Instagram. She is wonderful, informative about ingredients in products plus overcame dermatitis on her own. I sent her a few questions to answer.

What made you go into green beauty? One weekend I randomly bought a book by Janey Lee Grace called "Imperfectly Natural Woman" and it made me think what is in the products we are using every day without even thinking about it, and that there are natural alternatives to everything! So I ditched all the toxic cleaning stuff I had and started incorporating more natural and green products into my life, like organic food and natural fiber clothes, bedding and such. Clean and green beauty products were nowhere to be found at that time (I transitioned about eight years ago, I think? There were no abundance of the websites back then as the green beauty wasn't popular back then, it exploded only in the recent years) so I continued using conventional makeup and face cream, up until I got a horrible reaction to a newly released Radiance Face Cream by Olay - my face went beetroot red for three days straight! So much "radiance" for you, eh? I remember wearing three layers of a war paint (aka foundation) as my boss wouldn't let me to take time off "for such a nonsense". That was the final straw and I went completely natural from then on. And the rest is history! Thanks God there are natural alternatives for everything, and they work even better. I think people need to open their eyes to what's really in their products.



What are your favorite green beauty products? If you can pick one lipstick or mascara or foundation?
Very tough question as I love all my green beauty products! Just one? This is impossible :) My natural instinct is to say mineral foundation, but then again it would make my face one dimensional with no life to it (I have extremely dark under eye circles and dermatitis scars, I know, I am lucky girl) so I might go for blush instead, as I could use it on the cheeks and on the lips too. Don't be afraid of playing with your products :) Anything resembling Nars Orgasm is instant favourite of mine, but it has to be natural product of course. I like Zuii Organic Melon or 100%Pure Mimosa blushes. If I could pick a second product, it would be Hynt Beauty concealer, the best concealer hands down.

Matte or Dewy look?
Dewy all the way.

Two products you can't live without?
Coconut oil and manuka honey for DIY masks. Both products are so versatile!


How many products are on your wishlist?
My wishlist is two miles long, honestly! We are all such an enablers here in the green beauty community, it is not even funny:

What product you never leave at home?
I must have a lip balm with me at all times. Hurraw or Bees Flying wild.

What's your favourite green beauty DIY?
At the moment that would be manuka honey masks, either on it's own or mixed with some other great ingredient, like matcha tea.

One tip to share with your followers.
Now is the perfect time to switch if you haven't already! And always check the ingredients on everything, You would surprised at amount of green washing going on. Look for natural ingredients you know, because if you can't recognize the ingredient, your body won't either.

Special Thanks for Renata! @Green_Life_In_Dublin 


She does have Instagram and a blog link below. So go check her out!

Instagram @green_life_in_dublin































2 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me beautiful! Have a lovely day and I'll see you around on Instagram :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much
    Accounting services in barking,

    ReplyDelete